In her few short months of life, Alice's favourite things have been pretty simple - eating, sleeping, kicking, punching. She's now moved on to looking, smiling and accidently touching so, needless to say, her list is just a wee bit short this time around.
1) This activity centre is a new favourite of Alice's. With her new "looking skills" I knew I wanted to get some sort of a play gym for her, but I wasn't keen on spending the $50-$100 on a brand new one. Alice's buddy, Cole, had this one and Alice thought it was pretty great. It's pretty good looking and for only $24.99 at IKEA it was perfect.
2) Apparently babies like black and white, I think it's the random stories I make up that she likes the best ;) Great picture book.
3) This is Franny the fairy (yes, I name all of Alice's toys), she hangs out on the car seat. I like it because she hangs off an elastic and stays put, Alice likes it because she's pretty and keeps her company in that stupid car seat thing she hates so much.
4) I think Alice's parents like this sing-a-ma-jig more than her, it's hilariously creepy and annoying in a good way... she'll grow into it.
5) Best tip passed on to me: swaddle baby and then put her in the swing. This is Alice's new favourite place to nap.
6) This White Noise app is a life saver. Seriously. Alice loves "rain on car" and "floor fan"... she's going to need her own iPhone pretty soon ;)
So those are things all fine and dandy in Alice's world, but can I tell you something she doesn't like - her car seat. I thought babies were supposed to like car rides?? Nothing relaxing about a crying baby and blaring white noise app on a half hour drive home from my parents... ugh.
We'll be back next month with Alice's new favourite things (hopefully it's the car seat)...
Happy Monday, peeps!