1) I posted this in my preggo fav things list too, but this one line a day journal is such an awesome gift for a new mom too. It's great to be able to track the little everyday milestones, complaints or oh-god-shoot-me kinda days and I think it's going to be even better to look back on a year from now.
2) BabyLog App for iPhone: this app is a baby brain lifesaver. It tracks everything from feedings, poos/pees, sleep and lays it out in handy dandy charts. I mainly use it for tracking Alice's feeds, it's great for those "when did she eat last?" moments and really helps you track your baby's routine so you can know what to expect (especially in those early, early days).
3) I bought this Petit Collage baby book before Alice was born and I really love it. It has a simple design, great content and is not too baby. I love how it comes in a box so you can store keepsakes in the little drawer underneath.
4) I love these aden & anais bamboo swaddle blankets. While they're not actually my fave for swaddling (little sucker breaks free eventually), they make great all purpose blankets. They're huge, breathable muslin, and really lightweight. I like to use them in the car seat as a blanket, as a burp cloth and as a swaddle during the day when I don't want her to get too hot.
5) These velcro swaddle blankets are my nighttime life saver! The last thing you want to do at 3am is fuss with a blanket, these are so quick to just velcro them for a tight little baby burrito all night long. (tight & comfy = happy baby = long sleeps = happy mom)
6) It's not so much the beautiful Maskros pendant itself, but the light on a DIMMER that I love. I try and keep Alice's room as dark as possible while I'm feeding her at night so she knows this is "sleep time". Having the light on the dimmer means you can set it at the perfect lightness before bed and just slap that baby on and off with ease. Plus it casts some cool shadows on the wall.
7) The Baby Jogger, City Mini stroller was one of our first purchases and I love, love, love it! It's a compact, lightweight stroller that moves with such ease. It's super easy to open and my favourite part is how easy it closes (one handed!). Things that I can do with one hand are really, really awesome nowadays. We've cruised the mall many, many times with this baby and even trekked through a bit of snow. I have to say my only complaint is the little compartment (where you'd put your shopping bags of course ;) is kind of hard to stuff things into and I wish it was a bit bigger, but other than that I love it and would highly recommend.
8) For babies born in winter and in Edmonton this 'Easy' car seat cover is a must. It goes on snug and keeps baby warm, plus her little head looks adorable peeking out the trap door.
6) I don't actually have this exact chair/bouncer - mine is a second hand one borrowed from my mom - but it's the main reason I get a shower everyday. Basically, you gotta have something portable to lug baby from room to room.
Every mom has to have her sanity savers...
7) I think the concealer is pretty self explanatory. I like this one from MAC but now that I'm sporting some "mom bags" I'm kinda on the hunt for some serious concealer action, any recommendations?
8) Sometimes it's the little things in the day that make you feel normal... there is something about a hot, yummy drink in my hand that just makes me feel happy.
9) Pinterest: so addicted! My time for reading blogs has seriously been reduced and I love that pinterest is basically an easy one-handed dose of creative inspiration! You can follow me here.
I've got a few more items to share in Alice's list and pretty much anything she loves I'm going to love too because happy baby equals happy mom!
Even before I had a baby I loved hearing from other moms for future reference and great gift giving options. What are your must have items?