It's been a while since an Alice update, 3 months to exact. Funny thing is I had a post drafted for month 7, month 8 and yet here we are at month 9. I think that speaks volumes to how these last three months have been: busy. A lot changes in 3 months - crawling, standing, dancing, eating... I think she might be considering dating next.
This photo cracks me up. Dad was waving a remote in her face to try and get her to sit still and it was a very, very brief moment of utter confusion.
Month nine and currently loving...
- dancing. Apparently, this isn't something you're taught because she just started dancing out of nowhere and I will not be held responsible for these moves. Haha, little girl has a style of her own.
- After a few days of some serious gagging and occasional crying, Alice has finally mastered finger food.
- "baprons" (bib aprons). I think I have the messiest eater ever. Seriously. Apparently, it's mandatory to taste with your hands, your eyes, your hair, your elbows.... A bib just doesn't suffice and those bibs with sleeves just don't stay on. Thanks to pinterest, my mom-in-law made me some of these. Love them.
- when Alice pats my back when I pick her up. I think she started mimicking me since I always do it to her... it's adorable, melts my soft mommy heart.
- clean clothes. Ya, these don't exist much anymore. Crusty, mushed up banana is my newest accessory.
- Sleep. I think as a mom I will forever need more sleep.
- gummy smiles, yep 9 months and still no teeth.
- Coffee. I'm sorry that I hated you when I was pregnant, let's never fight again.
I have no idea what happened to month five, it's all a blur...