Thanks so much for all your comments on last week's crafternoon. It was my first (and hopefully not last) time doing it "party style" so I wanted to keep the crafts super simple. This heart garland was just that. It's the kind of mindless activity you can manage while chatting, sipping your drink, and chasing after your kids. Seriously.
Here's the rundown...
- Card stock paper cut into 1.25" strips
yep, that's it!
- cut paper into 1.25" strips (they don't have to be perfect, you won't be able to tell)
- fold paper strips in half
- take two strips and stack them together
- staple the 'v' of both strips
- fold bottom strip to form heart and insert into your next strip
- staple the 'v' of both strips (hooray a heart!)
- repeat until you've reached desired length
OR... staple, fold, repeat!
Easy peasy! Thanks to the scrumpets crumpets blog for the original idea for the craft and to my lovely sister for killing it as a hand model.
They look really cute hung vertically in a window or horizontally across the mantel. I haven't actually done any decorating yet, haha, so you'll have to take my word for it or try it yourself ;)