I always hate it when other bloggers feel the need to make excuses for their absence. Not because I don't love them and miss their lovely voices out here in internetland, but because I get it. Life gets in the way sometimes and that's ok. At least this is what I've been telling myself this last month (or two).
I've been a bit preoccupied growing a little human and raising a little toddler one while I'm at it. To say I'm tired is a bit of an understatement. I've been trying to take my own advice and let the blog take a backseat lately and it's been kinda nice. Inspiration will come again and, heck, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be tired for at least the next 18 years so I might as well roll with it ;)
With that said, I'm grateful I'm not the only one going through these changes of motherhood. I've been so blessed to have numerous friends become mamas lately and I couldn't be happier. It's a challenging time and I know moms and dads can use all the help they can get.
It's fun to gift cute baby stuff but I've been erring on the side of practical these days and made up a few of these 'new mama care packages'. Here's a peek inside and some inspiration for the next time you're looking for some gift ideas:
1) Not pictured but first and foremost, dinner: Either make something yourself or pick up a frozen something. I brought along a ready to cook frozen meal from 'Simply Supper'. Always, always appreciated.
2) A little something for baby: This can be something really small like a book or even diapers. I'd purchased these minimocs for this little babe and couldn't wait to gift them.
3) snacks: preferably something that can be eaten one handed - granola bars, snap pea crisps, mini muffins, veggies, cut up fruit...
4) treats: Something for the sweet tooth is a must in my books. These 'crybaby' cookies are go-to family staple (see recipe here). Also welcomed: chocolate, candy, wine...
5) Something cozy and cute for mama: Because you are not feeling your greatest in post-partum recovery mode, I like to throw in a cute pair of new pyjama pants. Just make sure they're nice and stretchy!!
Wrap it up in a cute reusable tote and you're set! I already have a few of these things set for myself when this baby comes (hopefully any day now!!) What's your go-to new mama gift?
Hope you have a great weekend, happy Friday!